Tropical North Queensland received 13 Queensland Tourism Awards on the Gold Coast last night.
- Paronella Park – RACQ People’s Choice Awards (Experiences & Services)
- Mark & Judy Evans – The Marie Watson-Blake Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual (pictured above)
- Cobbold Village – Hall of Fame
- Paronella Park – Cultural Tourism
- Cobbold Village – Hosted Accommodation
- Small World Journeys – Specialised Tourism Services
- Mossman Gorge Centre – Qantas Award for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism
- Ocean Safari – Tour and Transport Operators
- Cairns Aquarium and Reef Research Centre – New Tourism Business
- Tjapukai – Qantas Award for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway – Major Tourist Attractions
- Gilberton Outback Retreat – Unique Accommodation
- Passions of Paradise – Major Tour & Transport Operators
- Paronella Park – Tourist Attractions
- Big4 Ingenia Holiday Cairns Coconut – Caravan and Holiday Parks
Tourism Tropical North Queensland (TTNQ) Chief Executive Officer Pip Close said these winning products highlight the diversity of our tourism offerings in Tropical North Queensland with Reef, rainforest, Indigenous, outback, ecotourism and accommodation represented.
“I am especially delighted that Mark and Judy Evans from Paronella Park have been given the Marie Watson-Blake Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual,” she said.
“Both have been very active in the tourism industry by volunteering on boards, mentoring small businesses to expand the product offering on the Cassowary Coast and making sure their region is a must-do part of Tropical North Queensland.
“Paronella Park won the Cultural Tourism category and with Mark and Judy always at their front gate to greet and assist visitors it is no wonder they also picked up the People’s Choice Award.
“Well done to Cobbold Village which enters the Hall of Fame after winning gold in the Hosted Accommodation category for the third year in a row.
“I wish our six Gold winners success in the Australian Tourism Awards on March 1.”
For more information, contact:
Communications Consultant Liz Inglis
M: 0419 643 494 | E: [email protected]