Holding an Event in TNQ
TTNQ can assist in the planning stage of your event by putting you in contact with people, government agencies and businesses to assist your event. Ask us about:
- Bid assistance – developing bid packages
- Hotel and venue selection – site visits and requests for proposal (RFP)
- Event marketing assistance
- Publicity assistance
- Event planning templates
- Grant writing assistance
- Access to TTNQ promotional materials
- Connections to local sport organisations
- Contact details of local experts in sport-related fields, including medicine, and strength and conditioning
- The opportunity to coordinate meetings and facilitate relationships with international teams, national and state sporting organisations, facility managers, private providers, the education sector and Queensland Government agencies.
Key Event Partners
As the destination’s regional tourism organisation, TTNQ is responsible for the attraction and acquisition of events and for providing support with marketing activities that increase attendance and length of stay. TTNQ works with several stakeholders to achieve visitation targets and ensure the successful delivery of events in Tropical North Queensland.
Roles and responsibilities for each stakeholder:
- Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ)
Provide funding for business, hallmark, major and regional events on an application basis that achieves state outcomes. Offer marketing opportunities under the “It’s Live” brand and event optimisation activities for certain events.
- Other Government Agencies
Events may be supported through other government programs such as Arts Queensland, National Parks, Sport & Racing or Gambling Community Benefit Funds.
- Local Governments
Provide funding (both cash and in-kind support) on an application basis, often through competitive funding rounds.
One-off applications are accepted for hallmark and major events.
Offer an extensive range of venues and infrastructure and have a lead role in the facilitation of license and permit requirements.
Can assist with community engagement activities.
- Event Owner
Responsible for event delivery, including operations and marketing, as well as associated financial risks