Date range: Tuesday 5 September 2023
Time: 9:00 – 11:00am
Location: The Benson Hotel, 50 Grafton Street Cairns City, QLD 4870
Tourism Tropical North Queensland will be supporting the final consultation workshop to inform the development of the Queensland Tourism Workforce Crisis Resilience and Recovery Strategy, due for release this October.
Funded by the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland Scheme, this is a joint initiative of The University of Queensland (UQ), in partnership with Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC), in response to the on-going workforce challenges faced by the Tourism Industry.
We are very keen to receive input and ideas from:
- Industry stakeholders (councillors/council employees, representatives from regional tourism organisations/local tourism organisation, peak body organisations, educators, infrastructure bodies e.g., airport etc),
- Operators (business owners and senior managers) and
- Employees (up to supervisory level).
The session will:
- Share a snapshot of the latest research findings
- Seek feedback on the evolving issues in Tropical North Queensland
- Present the draft Strategy for comment
Light refreshments will be provided.