Top Line Numbers (YE 30 Sep 2019)
Share of overnight expenditure: 7.8%
Forecasted Growth 2020: **to be revised
Visitors: 75,000 | -9%
Visitor Nights: 679,000 | -14%
Expenditure: $85M | -23%
70% of visitors book via Trade.
GBR one of their main reasons to visit.
90% of UK visitors are holiday visitors.
- Singapore Airlines/SilkAir (direct)
- Domestic connections
Other insights70% of visitors book via trade with the Great Barrier Reef one of their main reasons to visit90% of UK visitors are holiday visitorsStrong Working Holiday Maker (WHM) / Youth and Adventure market
Strong Self Drive market
Sporting events influence this market
Collaborate with TA / TEQ to arrest the decline in WHM / Youth Market.
Support aviation attraction efforts to secure direct services.
- High Value Traveller
- VFR market/Repeat traveller
- First time travellers
- WHM / Youth travellers
- Couples, Young Families, Retirees
- Content creation, strategies to share aspirational content
- PR/Media engagement where relevant.
- Digital awareness/re-targeting campaign with Cairns & GBR product, TEQ and KDP
- WHM/Youth Traveller campaign activity
- First Timer opportunity (Sydney, Rock, Reef) – STO collaboration
- Trade Educationals
- Media/PR engagement and Educationals
- UK/Europe Marketplace and in-market agent training
- Leveraging relevant events for UK Market
Working with us
- UK/Europe Marketplace attendance
- ATEC/Inbound Tour Operator engagement/Training
- Media and Trade Educational support