Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Current Queensland Government COVID-19 update.
Queensland’s COVID-19 vaccination plans and current vaccination information.
Current Queensland Government COVID Safe Roadmap to easing restrictions.
Community Recovery Hotline call 1800 173 349
The Queensland Government has produced a community recovery document that outlines the support available for people who are in COVID-19 quarantine.
View the Queensland Governments Community recovery and support services.
Dealing with temporary closures and cancellations
Here are some helpful tips should your business have to temporarily close or the operational hours reduced as a result COVID-19.
- Create a pop-up banner for your website to switch on at short notice to alert visitors to your website of your closure or change in opening hours. We have created some generic website banners that can be downloaded and used on your website and social media channels here.
- Create a social media post that can be posted at short notice to alert followers of your closure or change in opening hours.
- Ensure multiple team members have access to your reservations system from home so you can notify all affected bookings.
- Divert your office phones to a mobile so you can remain contactable for any customer enquiries.
- Create an email that can be sent at short notice to booking agents and partners to alert them of your closure or changes to your opening hours.
- Ensure a team member is tasked with updating your Google My Business profile and Facebook profile to reflect your closure or changed opening hours. Click here for further instructions on this.
- Create an Out-of-office message for your email account that can be switched on at short notice to alert people contacting you of your closure or change in opening hours.
- Unfortunately, we’ve been impacted by [staff shortages/close contacts/COVID-19] but will be back up and running ASAP. For any enquiries during this time, please contact [XXX]. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
- Sadly, we’re closed for [XX/a few days] while [our team is in quarantine/experiencing staff shortages]. We’ll be back up and running very soon! In the meantime, please contact [XXX] for any enquiries.
- We’re keeping our community safe whilst our team isolate. We can still be contacted on [XXX] for any enquiries. Our team will be back on board on [XXX].
- Back soon! Unfortunately, we’ve had to close for a few days whilst our team isolates. We’ll be back on [XXX]. Hope to see you then!
Testing & fever clinics
You should only go to get a PCR test at these locations if you cannot get a rapid antigen test (RAT) and:
Queensland Public Health and Social Measures
The Queensland Government’s new public health and social measures came into effect on 17 December 2021. The new social measures mean that staff and customers in certain settings must be fully vaccinated from 17 December onwards.
Vaccinated customers and staff are required to use Check-in apps. Businesses will be legally protected for mandating these health requirements. If there are issues with compliance, staff are asked to call the police. Government stipulations have been made that staff make “all reasonable effort” to ensure that customers and staff have checked-in and are fully vaccinated. Businesses should start to plan for these changes and should encourage and support their staff to get vaccinated.
Queensland Health has an extensive selection of Frequently Asked Questions about the vaccine.
Financial Counselling Services for Queensland Tourism Operators
The Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport (DTIS) has launched the Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service to support tourism businesses with valuable financial counselling services as they navigate through the impacts of COVID-19. This program will run from March 2021 to June 2022 and is led by DTIS in partnership with the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC).
The $2 million service will provide micro to medium-sized tourism businesses with free financial counselling to help them resize or change their business model, and will offer a rebate for businesses needing additional expert advice.
Businesses interested in accessing the Queensland Tourism Business Financial Counselling Service need to first complete the free Tourism Business Health Check. This will enable tourism businesses to quickly assess any areas of risk or financial distress and will provide a personalised and confidential report with recommended resources and actions.
Queensland Government’s COVID Hotline: 134 COVID
Businesses and the community can call the Queensland Government’s COVID hotline with any questions about the public health directions or COVID safe planning. You are encouraged to use the hotline first, as the hotline will provide a more immediate response to many questions.
COVID Safe preparation
Approved industry COVID-safe plans
QTIC Qld Tourism and Accommodation COVID-safe plan
COVID-Safe Industry Plan vs COVID CLEAN
COVID safe preparation page
Safe Work Australia provides guidance material on operating in a COVID-19 safe manner.
The Australian Government’s 3-step framework infographic outlines the new ways of living and working to create a COVIDSafe society.
Chief Health Officer public health directions
♦ Federal stimulus package for businesses and households. ♦
Job support loans – Qld Rural and Industry Development Authority
(QRIDA) has confirmed they are processing loans as quickly as possible. Applicants can track progress through the online portal, while a
decision is being made, and once the loan has been approved and documentation completed funds will be received within five
business days. Track your application status online
Farm jobs – Email FNQ Farmers with personal details and
they will forward to various farmers.
Backpackers & seasonal workers – Register at Harvest Trail
Services Australia – Businesses & individuals
ACCC guidance for consumers during the COVID-19 pandemic
Sole trader support
Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) helplines – banking,
business and personal distress support, general insurance and
Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) helplines for financial, distress, insurance and HR advice
ATEC resources (Australian Tourism Export council)
How to strengthen your business
Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ) business advice
Mental health support services
If you are struggling at this challenging time, these online resources may help:
Life in Mind Australia – COVID-19 Mental Health Support
Beyond Blue – looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
Lifeline or call 13 11 14.