The Queensland Government has created the Working in Paradise incentive program to encourage more workers to take jobs in Queensland’s tourism industry.
New tourism employees could qualify for:
- a $1500 work incentive
- a $250 travel bonus
Some of the eligible jobs include bartenders, cooks, kitchenhands, tour guides, wait staff and chefs.
Australian citizens, residents and eligible international visa holders can apply.
The campaign kicked off on Wednesday 14 July and applies to job seekers who started work from 20 May 2021. The incentive program is open for 12 months; however, employees need to apply by 31 December 2021 to receive the incentives.
How your business can be involved
- TTNQ is running a targeted digital marketing campaign to encourage workers to move to Tropical North Queensland, so make sure your job vacancy advertisements are promoted on both Facebook and Seek and include the hashtag #workincairnsGBR in the body of the text.
- Advertise your vacant role for FREE on the Queensland Work in Paradise page.
Operator Check List
- The Queensland Government have now given tourism businesses the opportunity to submit job advertisements on their campaign page – follow the link to submit your jobs.
- Share our page link www.tropicalnorthqueensland.org.au/plan-your-trip/working-holidays, with any applicants that enquire or apply for tourism roles in your business. It has helpful information about accommodation, living and working in Tropical North Queensland.
- Encourage all new employees that have joined your business from 20 May 2021 to familiarise themselves with the Working in Paradise program and register as they may be eligible for the benefits to be backdated.
Any questions please reach out to TTNQ’s Industry Relations Manager Georgie Sadler.