Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Queensland Government’s COVID-19 updates and announcements.
Current vaccination information.
Community Recovery Hotline call 1800 173 349
View the Queensland Governments Community recovery and support services.
Queensland Government’s COVID Hotline: 134 COVID
Businesses and the community can call the Queensland Government’s COVID hotline with any questions about the public health directions or COVID safe planning. You are encouraged to use the hotline first, as the hotline will provide a more immediate response to many questions.
COVID Safe preparation
Approved industry COVID-safe plans
QTIC Qld Tourism and Accommodation COVID-safe plan
COVID-Safe Industry Plan vs COVID CLEAN
COVID safe preparation page
Safe Work Australia provides guidance material on operating in a COVID-19 safe manner.
The Australian Government’s 3-step framework infographic outlines the new ways of living and working to create a COVIDSafe society.
Dealing with temporary closures and cancellations
Here are some helpful tips should your business have to temporarily close or the operational hours reduced as a result COVID-19.
- Create a pop-up banner for your website to switch on at short notice to alert visitors to your website of your closure or change in opening hours. We have created some generic website banners that can be downloaded and used on your website and social media channels here.
- Create a social media post that can be posted at short notice to alert followers of your closure or change in opening hours.
- Ensure multiple team members have access to your reservations system from home so you can notify all affected bookings.
- Divert your office phones to a mobile so you can remain contactable for any customer enquiries.
- Create an email that can be sent at short notice to booking agents and partners to alert them of your closure or changes to your opening hours.
- Ensure a team member is tasked with updating your Google My Business profile and Facebook profile to reflect your closure or changed opening hours. Click here for further instructions on this.
- Create an Out-of-office message for your email account that can be switched on at short notice to alert people contacting you of your closure or change in opening hours.
- Unfortunately, we’ve been impacted by [staff shortages/close contacts/COVID-19] but will be back up and running ASAP. For any enquiries during this time, please contact [XXX]. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
- Sadly, we’re closed for [XX/a few days] while [our team is in quarantine/experiencing staff shortages]. We’ll be back up and running very soon! In the meantime, please contact [XXX] for any enquiries.
- We’re keeping our community safe whilst our team isolate. We can still be contacted on [XXX] for any enquiries. Our team will be back on board on [XXX].
- Back soon! Unfortunately, we’ve had to close for a few days whilst our team isolates. We’ll be back on [XXX]. Hope to see you then!
For an overview of Queensland Government support visit Business Queensland and contact the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training hotline on 1300 654 687 and [email protected].
Mental health support services
If you are struggling at this challenging time, these online resources may help:
Life in Mind Australia – COVID-19 Mental Health Support
Beyond Blue – looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
Lifeline or call 13 11 14.