TTNQ Strategic Direction 2020/2021
Tourism Tropical North Queensland, as the Regional Tourism Organisation, brings together the industry and the community to drive the value of the visitor economy through destination marketing. COVID-19 has created global uncertainty around the future of travel and tourism that we must respond to as a collective to support local businesses and retain local jobs.
TTNQ Vision & Mission
For the destination to be known as one of the world’s most responsible tourism destination, supported by industry and our community.
Rebuild the regions visitor economy better than before with a focus on sustainable growth in leisure tourism and business events, through innovation, efficient use of resources, and effective destination marketing under a unified brand.
For TTNQ to be recognised as a result’s driven, highly valued and respected organisation, working in partnership with our stakeholders to deliver world-class, innovative destination marketing.
As an organiser in the visitor economy we can influence:
- Share of Voice: increase awareness and engagement with our story through our partners.
- Spend: Drive visitor arrivals, nights and spend per person.
- Sustainability: a sustainable approach to growth focussing on seasonality, dispersal, and recognising sustainable practice.
- Satisfaction: with the results we achieve from members, visitors, our community, and our staff.
- Personal grooming and presentation professionally appropriate to your role
- Delivering quality outcomes within set timeframes
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic to deliver quality outcomes
- Communicating clearly
- Behaving in a fair, logical and consistent manner
- Proactively supporting the mission and vision of the company
- Promoting self development and team growth
- Actively supporting TTNQ values
- Valuing individuals input equally
- Demonstrating active listening by;
o allowing someone to speak without interrupting,
o listening to what’s being said and providing a meaningful reply to ideas and opinions
- Being dependable
- Being empathetic
- Being honest
- A willingness to work together as a team
- Actively seeking opinions from other team members
- Being actively involved in group discussion and looking to solve team problems
- Volunteering to assist with components of teamwork
- Actively listening to all team member’s contributions
- Acknowledging individual team input
- Supporting team decisions
- Consistently communicating in a positive and open manner
- Showing consideration, understanding and respect for the team and stakeholders
- Having respect for diversity by embracing differences in talents, strengths and weaknesses
- Embracing positive recognition
- Encouraging creativity to develop fresh ideas
- Facilitating creative and collaborative ideas
- Supporting creative and constructive debate