Purpose, Vision and Mission
TTNQ’s purpose is to drive visitor revenue and long-term benefits for the region by leading the destination’s tourism marketing, positioning and brand story; and by being a unifying and coordinating voice for the industry.
Tropical North Queensland is known as one of the world’s most inspiring nature based destinations. It is the gateway to hundreds of accessible experiences set on the stage of the Great Barrier Reef, Earth’s oldest rainforest and the outback. Lived in by an ancient culture, Tropical North Queensland is shared by passionate locals.
Deliver hundreds of unique tropical experiences that are shared by passionate locals and set in World Heritage nature which together are the brand story of Tropical North Queensland.
A highly valued and respected organisation, TTNQ is working with our partners to deliver world-class, innovative destination marketing.
TTNQ is a trusted and clear voice that leads and collaborates with our allies to ensure the region’s tourism marketing achieves expenditure of $3.5 billion by 2020.
- Personal grooming and presentation professionally appropriate to your role
- Delivering quality outcomes within set timeframes
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic to deliver quality outcomes
- Communicating clearly
- Behaving in a fair, logical and consistent manner
- Proactively supporting the mission and vision of the company
- Promoting self development and team growth
- Actively supporting TTNQ values
- Valuing individuals input equally
- Demonstrating active listening by;
o allowing someone to speak without interrupting,
o listening to what’s being said and providing a meaningful reply to ideas and opinions
- Being dependable
- Being empathetic
- Being honest
- A willingness to work together as a team
- Actively seeking opinions from other team members
- Being actively involved in group discussion and looking to solve team problems
- Volunteering to assist with components of team work
- Actively listening to all team member’s contributions
- Acknowledging individual team input
- Supporting team decisions
- Consistently communicating in a positive and open manner
- Showing consideration, understanding and respect for the team and stakeholders
- Having respect for diversity by embracing differences in talents, strengths and weaknesses
- Embracing positive recognition
- Encouraging creativity to develop fresh ideas
- Facilitating creative and collaborative ideas
- Supporting creative and constructive debate