Top Line Numbers (YE 30 Sep 2019)
Share of overnight expenditure: 66%
Forecasted growth 2020: **To be revised
Visitors: 2.2M | +8.5%
Visitor nights: 11.1M | +12.7%
Expenditure: $2.4B | +5.7%
1.4M intrastate visitors = 5.3M nights
757,000 interstate visitors = 5.8M nights
BookingConsumers most likely to book air travel direct (19%) or with an OTA (8%).Around 14% of consumers booking package with travel agent in store to TNQ.
AviationQantas, Jetstar, Virgin, TigerAir, Qantas Link, Air North, Rex Airlines, SkyTrans.
Constricted Domestic Network with some 75-80% of international arrivals through domestic network.
Other Insights50% of domestic market is “drive market” = +6.4%
Position Cairns & Great Barrier Reef to be the destination of choice for conscious travellers to share. Inspiring our visitors to leave as custodians of the region.
“See Great … Leave Greater”
- High Value Travellers (HVT)
- 50+ age group travellers without children
- Travelling with children
- 18-49 age group travelling without children
- Content creation, strategies to share aspirational content
- PR/Media engagement
- Constant/ongoing product, member, industry engagement
- Cairns Airport marketing partnership to drive volume and services on Domestic legs.
- VFR member campaign partnership with News Corp focussing on Drive market.
- Domestic Phase 2 Campaign executions with Accor, Expedia, Ignite and Jetstar, with digital activity in partnership with TEQ.
- TTNQ, LTO, TEQ Drive North Queensland Campaign in partnership with LTO’s, WIN TV, Avis and Outdoria
- Product/member in market training opportunities with Domestic wholesalers
- Media/PR activity to elevate destination/new branding content
- Trade educationals
- New Zealand: Cairns Airport/TEQ/Air New Zealand campaign activity
Working with us
- ATDW & Best of Queensland
- Drive: Caravan and Camping Show support
- Member in Market training opportunities
- Trade and Media educational support